Student Visa Info

In order to attend GUM from overseas, you are required to obtain a “Student Visa” /Type S Visa/ stamped in your passport before arriving in Mongolia in accordance with the Immigration Laws. We recommend that you obtain the Student Visa by a proxy application. This means that GUM will support you.

The applicants should prepare the following documents at least one and a half month before the arrival for the purpose:

  1. Cover letter
  2. Notarized copy of diploma of state registration and special permission /for the doctoral admission a master diploma, for the master and intensive bachelor admission a previous bachelor diploma is required/
  3. Notarized copy of passport pages clearly showing photo, passport number, dates of issue, expiry, name and date of birth
  4. Passport valid for a minimum of 12 months
  5. Medical health information
  6. Agreement between the applicant and GUM
  7. If applicant is not present him/herself, they can authorize another person to make the application on his/her behalf.  (provide  work or national identification)

Department of International Relations

Head, D.Narmandakh
Phone: 976-11322263 (o), 976-99272339,


Manager, Ya.Erdenechimeg
Phone: 976-11322263 (o), 976-99124668,

For more information –